The Las Vegas-Clark County Library District nurtures the social, economic, and educational well-being of people and communities. The District is committed to building communities of people who can come together to pursue their individual and group aspirations.
Values and Operating Principles
The District is guided by the principles of Public Librarianship and First Amendment Rights. The District protects library materials from censorship.
We seek innovative ways to:
- Respond and reach out to serve the current and evolving information needs of our diverse community.
- Create a sense of community by providing a welcoming, inviting, secure environment for our public and staff.
- Provide excellent customer service that is both timely and confidential.
- Develop a well-trained, knowledgeable, courteous and professional staff.
- Communicate with our public and staff to ensure vital, relevant and effective library services.
- Manage our resources effectively and be accountable to our funding sources.
We celebrate our accomplishments, learn from our mistakes and take pride in serving our community.